Monday, July 18, 2011

Pajama Party Invitations

 

I had just the most wonderful thing happen.  I went looking one day for some invitations I could send out for the pajama party my family is having.  I couldn't find anything any where that would have anything to do with pajama's.  I checked party shops, walmart, scrap book stores, hobby lobby, michaels.  Nothing, you would think with slumber party's being one of the top birthday bashes for teenagers I could find something.  Anyway discouraged I go home and draw a pajama shirt and started going through my fabric stash.  I made 9 different pajama tops.  I put ribbons and buttons and beads on them.  I found a napkin that had a really sexy blond with a martini glass in her hand that said, "Why make happy only an hour" on it.  I glued it to the back of the envelope and glued the pajama tops to the front holding stickers of various drinks.  Anyway long storey short, I mailed 8 of them one day.  I had to go inside because there is special pricing on things that don't go through mail machine.  About a week later I mailed one to my mom, the ladies at the counter remembered the other 8.  They were describing them and telling me which ones were there favorite.  They said everyone in the post office saw them. That made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment